Monday, September 9, 2013

Its about time

I decided to run a half marathon! I've been wanting to do this for four years... And its about time. Its a little short notice, but it'll be fun. Lil D from work has convinced me (& is in Santa Clarita)!

I found a training plan that is only 8 weeks instead of 12. I had to modify it a bit due to my school schedule, but it gives me Friday and Sunday off. I am trying to get Jenn to run with us.

I started Saturday night on my dad's treadmill. I did one mile in 16 mins, but that included my warm up and cool down...
Today I ran the golf course and did much better. 13:46 for 2 miles. This did not include the warm up or cool down. I got a leg cramp in the beginning but pushed through.

I'm really excited about this. The running scares me, but to say I did it is what keeps me going!

1 comment:

  1. If I end up moving to Sue's, I'd be interested in doing one with you in the future. Having the treadmill in the house is a plus, and I can run the neighborhood with one of the dogs from the ranch that I'll have there. :-)

    If...

    ReplyDelete